Who is a typical PrepMatters employee? We work hard, love what we do and believe that our tutoring services can make a difference.
Who We Are:
PrepMatters, Inc. is the premier source in the Washington metro area for one-on-one test preparation, academic tutoring, and educational planning. Our tutoring staff helps students and families navigate the whole alphabet of standardized tests, ranging from the SSAT/ISEE/HSPT for middle-schoolers to the SAT/ACT/AP for high schoolers to the GRE/GMAT/LSAT/MCAT for college students. We take pride in our deep understanding not only of the tests but also of how to effectively communicate with and bring out the best in our students.
PrepMatters is looking for bright, dynamic people to join our paid tutor training class, leading to work as a professional SAT/ACT and academic tutor in our Bethesda, Tenleytown, or McLean offices. Weekly training sessions will be required of new hires. Part-time tutors start at $40-$70/hr commensurate with their experience. Our part-time employees enjoy paid sick leave, FSA plans and a SIMPLE IRA with a 3% employer match. All of our colleagues enjoy beautifully furnished offices with fully stocked kitchens. Our full-time operations team supports our tutors administratively so that our tutors can focus on the work that matters most: helping students!
To be eligible for consideration, all candidates must possess:
● A bachelor’s degree – complete and not in progress
● At least two years of test preparation experience covering all sections of the SAT or ACT
● Academic expertise (up to the AP level) in either sciences, calculus, history or a foreign language
● A true appreciation for working with kids
● Willingness to make at least 10 hrs/week available during busy seasons, including weekend time
● The ability to reliably and independently manage client scheduling and email correspondence
● The skills required to score well on a qualifying test consisting of SAT Reading, Math and Writing questions
The ideal candidate will have:
● A degree from a highly selective university. We won’t be impressed, but our clients might, which is a plus.
● Professional experience in a high-volume tutoring environment
● Flexibility to meet students across multiple PrepMatters offices (Bethesda, Tenleytown, McLean)
● A working knowledge of local public and independent schools
Qualified candidates should complete an application here and send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
References should be available upon request. No calls, please.