Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Personal information is information that directly or indirectly identifies you or can be used to identify you as an individual. We collect information in the following ways:
Information You Provide. The personal information We may collect includes:
- Contact information such as name of the parent, name of the student, phone number, email address, name of the school the student attends, high school graduation year of the student, your preferred location for our in-person office services, and any other information you may choose to provide.
- Job applicant and employment information such as your name, date of birth, contact information (email, phone number), employment status and experience, education information (such as highest degree earned, undergraduate school, undergraduate major/minor, graduate school, etc.) work status, felony background, and other information you choose to include in your cover letter or resume upon submission for employment.
You can adjust your browser settings to disable or reject cookies but if you disable all cookies, you may be unable to access all functionality of the Platforms. We do not permit third parties to track your online activities over time and across other websites based on your use of the Site.
The Site does not currently respond to browser-based “Do Not Track” signals.
How We Use Information
- Provide Our products and services and related customer service.
- Respond to questions or requests from you, deliver information about Our products and services or promotions that may be of interest to you, or otherwise communicate with you. Enhance our products, services, and Platforms.
- Prevent fraud and protect the security of Our systems.
- Comply with law and law enforcement requirements or to protect the legal rights or health or safety of Our customers, employees, or others.
When We Share Information
We do not rent or sell your personal information for profit but, when appropriate, may share your information with:
- Service providers that help Us operate Our business, including communications platforms, web-hosting services, and similar third-party providers.
- A successor entity, to which We reserve the right to sell, rent, disclose or transfer your personal information, in the event of a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets, change in control, reorganization, liquidation, or other corporate changes to PrepMatters.
- Other third parties as necessary to protect Our legal interests, rights or property; to comply with or to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request; to avoid liability; or to protect Our rights or property or the health or safety of others.
Your Rights and Choices
Protecting Your Information
We use physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclose. However, because no measure is ever 100% effective when transmitting information over the Internet, We do not guarantee that your information will be secure form theft, loss, or unauthorized access.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Platforms may include links to third-party websites We think may be of interest to you. Please note that these websites are independent from the Site and We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites or platforms. Your use of such third-party sites will be subject to the third-party’s privacy policies.
The Platforms are intended for adults over the age of 18, are not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. If We learn that We have inadvertently collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18, We will delete it. If you believe that We have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18, please contact Us using one of the methods indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.