Current Open Positions
Placement Advisor – Full-time (Bethesda)
PrepMatters, Inc. is the premier source in the Washington metro area for one-on-one test preparation and educational planning. We’re looking for a reliable and highly organized professional to join our team as a full-time (40 hours a week) placements associate. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30/9:00 a.m. to 5:00/5:30 p.m. (with 30-minute lunch break). The office is located at 5001 Cordell Avenue, Bethesda.
The primary responsibility of the placements adviser is to support the interest of prospective clients by engaging in-person or phone placement interviews and matching students with an appropriate tutor.
To qualify for this position, candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication skills–poise in client engagement and a polished telephone manner.
- Ability to listen well and a demonstrated skill in verbal expression – required to support the core daily activities of the placements adviser.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Aptitude for mastery of detail.
- Ability to work well individually is an essential complementary tool of the placements adviser.
- Strong command of technology and Microsoft Office.
The ideal candidate will have a college degree, professional experience in school admissions or educational placement, the ability to manage a fast-paced environment in a professional manner and an interest in working with educated and successful clients. PrepMatters wants every client to receive personal, excellent service–delivered with a bit of sparkle!
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Placements Adviser–Bethesda” in the subject line. Please include a paragraph in your cover letter describing why you would be a good addition to the PrepMatters team. Due to the high volume of emails that we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond personally to each application. All applicants selected for further consideration will be notified by phone. No phone calls, please. PrepMatters is an equal opportunity employer.
Experienced Test Prep Tutor (Bethesda, Tenleytown or McLean)
We are looking for bright, dynamic people to join our team. In addition to the SAT, we tutor for the whole alphabet of tests: SAT Subject Tests, ACT, SSAT, ISEE, GRE, GMAT, & LSAT exams. We also work with many students seeking help for their academic courses. Part-time test preparation and academic tutors start at $30-$60 an hour depending on experience. We are looking for folks who would like to work at least 10 hours per week during busy seasons.
PrepMatters tutors can schedule meetings on weekdays or weekends (or mornings if you’re so constituted). Ideal candidates will be comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a friendly, vibrant staff.
- A bachelor’s degree – complete and not in progress
- have at least two years of test preparation tutoring experience
- be able to teach all areas of the SAT and/or ACT (math, reading and writing)
- A true appreciation for working with kids and an ability to quickly bond with them
- The ability to reliably and independently manage client scheduling and email correspondence
- The skills required to score well on a qualifying test consisting of SAT Reading, Math and Writing questions
- Availability to attend the mandatory hiring day on April 4th from 11am to 2pmMinimum RequirementsTo be eligible for consideration, all candidates must have:
Highly qualified candidates will possess:
- Degree(s) from selective universities. We won’t be impressed but our clients might, and that’s a plus.
- Professional experience tutoring the SAT and/or ACT. Helping your younger cousin that one time was nice, but that’s not what we’re talking about.
- Expertise (up to AP level) in academic subjects of need: science, math, history and/or foreign language.
- Flexibility to meet students across multiple PrepMatters offices
- Knowledge of local public schools and independent schools
If you are looking for a fun and rewarding work environment, please submit your tutor application here.